SCOTT MANAGEMENT, INC., (SMI), is a full service property management firm located in Alexandria, Virginia. SMI has been providing full service property management for over sixty years and currently manages a portfolio of garden and high rise communities, totaling over 4,500 apartment homes in the Washington Metropolitan Area. Our current portfolio consists of the following communities:
- Addison Chapel – 320 unit garden community, Prince George’s County
- Fillmore Gardens – 559 unit garden community, Arlington County
- Hillwood Manor – 171 unit garden community, Arlington County
- Lloyd Apartments – 299 unit garden community, Alexandria
- Meadow Woods – 712 unit garden community, Fairfax County
- Monticello Lee – 197 unit garden community, City of Alexandria
- Oakcrest Towers – 1540 unit high-rise, Prince George’s County
- Takoma Landing – 222 unit town-home & mid-rise community, Prince George’s County
- University City – 400 unit garden community, Prince George’s County
- Walden Commons – 132 unit mid-rise community, District of Columbia
We are a licensed real estate brokerage in both Maryland and Virginia, and are members of the Northern Virginia Association of Realtors (NVAR), the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM), the Property Management Association (PMA), and the Apartment and Office Building Association (AOBA).
To seek the highest possible property performance through superior customer care, service and satisfaction.
Incorporated in 1971 under the laws of the State of Maryland, SMI was formed from the original partnership of Scott Management Company, founded in 1961.
Most of the properties currently under management were constructed by Banks & Lee, Inc., a construction and development firm which operated from the mid-1940s through the mid-1970s and out of which SMI was created. Banks and Lee, Inc., built houses, apartment complexes, office buildings, hotels, shopping centers and schools throughout the metropolitan area and neighboring states.
SMI communities have competed in many industry award competitions with numerous 1st & 2nd place wins. These awards demonstrate that a community has the physical qualities, marketing achievements and management caliber necessary to be called one of the best in the region.
The SMI team is focused on adapting to and accommodating the specific needs and changes of the communities we manage, while operating each community with intensive attention to detail.
As a solidly established organization with a progressive and thoughtful approach to real estate, we view our long-term success as directly linked to the quality of services we provide to our residents and the maintenance and improvement of the assets we manage.
This, coupled with our very important asset, our Human Resources component, makes SMI one of the premier management firms in the metro area. We are proud of the fact that many of our employees are long-term team members, and that most of our management team were promoted from within the organization. This provides a depth of knowledge and caring that is difficult to equal. Interested in joining our team?