Maintenance Tech – Advanced Level | Oakcrest Towers (Forestville, MD 20747)
October 8, 2020
Excellent opportunity for an advanced-level, dependable and committed maintenance tech to provide outstanding maintenance services to our Oakcrest Towers apartment community (1540 apartments).
We are seeking an individual who likes to help people and has a genuine interest in the general building and mechanical trades.
Oakcrest Towers is a multiple PMA “Apartment Community Excellence Award” winner! If you are ready to take your career as a maintenance tech to the next level, come, join this winning team!
- Responsible for all aspects of general apartment maintenance, preventive maintenance and turnovers/punch outs within the community
- Rotating emergency on-call duty
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisors
- We require 3 to 5 years of direct or related experience in apartment maintenance. Will also consider strong and verifiable work experience in a related field.
- Must have electrical, plumbing, carpentry and appliance repair skills, or strong technical aptitude with relevant and verifiable work experience.
- HVAC mastery, electrical competence, and plumbing skills to include use of K 50 to K 1500 drain cleaning equipment, CFC Type I, II or Universal required
- Experience supervising contractors, monitoring contractor performance and quality control through understanding of specifications and general condition requirements
- Ability to oversee and supervise crew efforts, projects during significant weather events, catastrophic losses or significant building issues
- Problem solving skills including leak detection and sourcing, power distribution and analysis, basic knowledge of construction, masonry, asphalt, concrete and building envelope components
- Operation of alarm systems, access systems, security systems, CCTV
- Ability to work with Public Service Employees, Police, Fire and EMS
- Familiarity with County, State and Federal Support Agencies, Public Works, MDOT, DOE, DPIE
- Familiarity with EPA Lead and CFC compliance requirements, OSHA Safety Standards, and HUD Fair Housing Requirement
- Exposure to and experience with boiler/ chiller systems, piggy back HVAC/furnaces, PTAC units and through-the-wall AC/Heat combo units
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints
- High-rise building background helpful
- Desire to work within policy, procedure and legal requirements
- Exposure to expense control, budgeting, and financial constraints
- Seeking inspired individual that likes to help people and has a genuine interest in the general building and mechanical trades
- Option to live on-site OR must be able to reach Oakcrest Towers within 15 minutes or less when on on-call duty
- Candidate must be professional, dedicated to high performance and courteous at all times
- Candidate must be able to clearly and effectively communicate and interact with residents and staff
- Candidate must be receptive to training and advancement
- Personal, reliable transportation and valid drivers’ license
If you are interested in and excited about this opportunity, and if you meet the qualifications/requirements, please send us your cover letter, resume and income requirements. Come, join this award winning team!
Email: HR@scottmanagementinc.com – Reference “Maintenance Tech – Advanced / Oakcrest” in the subject line.
Fax: (703)549-0326, Attn. HR
Mail: Scott Management, Inc., Attn. HR, 300 N Lee Street, Suite 200, Alexandria, VA 22314