Maintenance Coordinator | Oakcrest Towers (Forestville, MD 20747)
April 26, 2022
Seeking a dependable and committed individual to provide support to the Maintenance Department at Oakcrest Towers , a dynamic 1540 unit apartment community in Forestville, MD.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our employees and their families, our residents and our communities. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment.*
- Providing direct support to the maintenance department
- Working collaboratively with the Maintenance Supervisor, Property Manager, Customer Care Manager, Leasing Manager and all team members to ensure that the needs of our residents and the community are being met.
- Prioritizing and coordinating specific apartment repairs, turn over status, projects, objectives and specific occupancy and leasing needs
JOB DETAILS / ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Management of vendor purchase orders for
- painting (turnover and occupied apartments)
- common area repairs/painting
- turnover cleaning and unit trash out work
- unit renovation
- Monitoring communications via portal, email, voice mail, incl. receiving service requests for residents and generating work orders for common area repairs and upgrades
- In partnership with the Maintenance Supervisor,
- provide support to the Maintenance Tech team
- provide support to contractor projects
- Ensuring that adequate levels of production are achieved and open work order count is kept low
- Monitoring and assisting in the management of work order status.
- Management of devices, key control (distribution and return)
- Conduct inspections of
- move-outs, transfers, make-ready apartments and apply damage charges as applicable
- common areas for repairs, decorating, lighting and hardware replacement
- Support and oversight during major weather events (snow, heat, hurricane etc.):
- In coordination with Maintenance Supervisor, deploy Maintenance Tech team and janitorial staff to ensure all areas remain safe and free from hazard.
- Provide support to ensure all material is available and basic needs are met
- Stocking of beverages and food for the Maintenance Tech team
- Support during crisis management due to fire loss, significant flooding, wind damage, etc.
- Administrative and tracking responsibilities related to major project, upkeep of systems and installations
- Assist in major projects that require distribution of notifications to facilitate closure of parking areas due to plumbing, electrical and structural maintenance related activities
- Engage in team events, such as resident activities, community relations, various meetings/training etc.
REQUIRED SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment.*
- Data entry experience
- Work order tracking experience
- Strong attention to detail for proper documentation
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize work processes and competing demands/projects
- Proactive, motivated and assertive conduct
- Outgoing, friendly and professional approach with various groups of people
- Skilled in applying various communication strategies as appropriate to various situations
- Ability to interact professionally with all other departments to achieve maximum results
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (word, excel, outlook)
- Ability to respond on an emergency basis during crisis events
- Working knowledge of OneSite/RealPage property management software would be a plus
If you are interested in this opportunity, send us your cover letter, resume and income requirements: HR@scottmanagementinc.com . Please write “Oakcrest Maintenance Coordinator” in the subject line. Come, join our team!
Fax: (703)549-0326, Attn. HR | Mail: Scott Management, Inc., Attn. HR, 300 N Lee Street, Suite 200, Alexandria, VA 22314
*Consistent with applicable law, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for individuals who are unable to be vaccinated due to medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs.