Experienced Leasing Consultant / Bookkeeper | Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish) | Lloyd Apartments | Alexandria, VA 22305
July 16, 2021
Seeking talented, outgoing, focused, dependable, and committed individual to join our team at Lloyd Apartments, a beautiful 300-unit apartment community in Alexandria, Virginia.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our employees and their families, our residents and our communities. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment.*
This position has dual responsibilities:
- Maximizing occupancy by joyfully leasing apartments and effectively marketing the community
- Assist with property bookkeeping and other general office duties
The successful candidate is an outgoing, creative and enthusiastic SALES PERSON with solid communications/interpersonal and customer services skills – while simultaneously being an organized, detailed and dependable individual with good aptitude for numbers. We will prefer someone with successful leasing experience and will also consider high-end retail experience. MUST be bi-lingual (English/Spanish).
The ability to balance between leasing/sales and bookkeeping and the ability to switch gears from one to the other (and back) at the drop of the hat is an essential skill the individual in this position must have in order to succeed.
- Main point of contact for prospective residents – whether they call, visit online or in person
- Successfully showcasing the advantages of our beautifully renovated historic apartment homes; explaining pricing and models
- Showing apartment homes and closing the sale; following up on customer leads
- Active contribution to marketing efforts and marketing outreach, incl. strategic use of online avenues, submarket research, community event planning
- Processing rental applications and lease administration
- Properly identify, record and deposit all resident related funds
- Basic rent collection and delinquency control
- Resident account reconciliation
- Evaluate accounts for court filings and verify information prior to filing suit
- Other misc. data entry and resident account oversight, incl. rent increases
- Prepare A/P invoices for payment and submission to corporate office
- Being confident, professional and creative in both, attracting new residents and interacting with them once they live at the community
- Being familiar with company policies and procedures
- Handling of general office duties and other duties as assigned by the Property Manager
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment.*
- Excellent sales skills; must be comfortable selling to customers. Prior apartment leasing experience preferred. High-end sales or hospitality industry experience are a significant plus.
- Must be bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
- Good aptitude for numbers and accuracy
- Must be comfortable using computers, incl. MS-Office products, email and social media
- Must be able to work at least 3 Saturdays per month
- Professional and polished appearance
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal/written)
- Resourceful in coping with a variety of situations
- Organized, detailed and dependable
- Warm, engaging, inviting and outgoing personality
- Reliable transportation
- Should have a 2 year college degree or better
- Experience in property management, incl. some property management bookkeeping is a definite plus, as is knowledge of OneSite.
If you are interested in this opportunity, and if you meet the qualifications/requirements, please send us your cover letter, resume and salary requirements. Come, join our team!
Email: HR@scottmanagementinc.com – Reference “Leasing/Bookkeeping – Lloyd” in the subject line.
Fax: (703)549-0326, Attn. HR | Mail: Scott Management, Inc., Attn. HR, 300 N Lee Street, Suite 200, Alexandria, VA 22314
*Consistent with applicable law, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for individuals who are unable to be vaccinated due to medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs.