Housing Collections Specialist | Addison Chapel (Capitol Heights, MD 20743)
March 30, 2022
Seeking a dependable and committed individual with excellent attention to details and strong experience in collections to join team at Addison Chapel, a dynamic 320 unit garden-style apartment community in Capitol Heights, MD 20743.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our employees and their families, our residents and our communities. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment.*
- Oversight, management and administration of the rent and fee collection process at a 320-unit apartment community. This includes all processes and steps to ensure maximum collections of rent and fees associated with residents’ accounts.
- This position requires achieving and exceeding specific goals, and a generous incentive program is available for that achievement.
- Flexible schedule with a minimum of 32 hours per week: a mix of working at the community during regular office hours, and working from home in the evening and on weekends.
JOB DETAILS / ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Ensure collection activities comply with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Maintain accurate files and notes of collection efforts, incl. being consistent in utilizing monthly planner
- Generating notices, posting of notices, and keeping residents informed to ensure they can maintain housing
- Application of legal fees
- Preparing and filing of suit list, working with law firm to schedule cases and management of legal process
- Meeting with residents to facilitate communication and ensure residents are properly informed throughout the process
- Verification of residency status via scheduled inspections
- Providing support to residents seeking assistance, generating applications, incl. supporting documentation
- Dismissal of cases
- Interaction with maintenance, leasing and customer care departments
REQUIRED SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment.*
- Knowledge of Prince George’s County L&T court system, incl. knowledge how recent COVID-related legislation impacts the collections process.
- Knowledge of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Strong attention to detail for proper documentation and confirmation of all routine steps and processes
- Outgoing, friendly and professional approach with customers, utilizing strong communication skills
- Proactive, motivated and assertive conduct
- Skilled in applying various communication strategies as appropriate to various situations: phone, e-mail, in-person and/or written communication
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in order to make in-person contact outside of standard business hours
- Ability to interact professionally with all other departments (customer care, maintenance, leasing) to achieve maximum results
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (word, excel, outlook) and OneSite/RealPage property management software.
If you are interested in this opportunity, send us your cover letter, resume and income requirements: HR@scottmanagementinc.com . Please write “Addison Chapel Collections” in the subject line. Come, join our team!
Fax: (703)549-0326, Attn. HR | Mail: Scott Management, Inc., Attn. HR, 300 N Lee Street, Suite 200, Alexandria, VA 22314
*Consistent with applicable law, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for individuals who are unable to be vaccinated due to medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs.