Assistant Property Manager | Takoma Landing (Takoma Park, MD 20912)
We are seeking an Assistant Property Manager for our multi-family property in Prince George’s County, MD.
This Assistant Property Manager will assist the Property Manager in the day-to-day operations and oversight of a 222 -unit apartment community, including
- rental collections,
- responsible for bookkeeping and bill processing,
- coordinating apartment turnovers,
- conducting regular and annual inspections,
- producing reports,
- leasing apartments,
- coordinating service requests as needed
- other duties as needed.
Together with the Property Manager, the Assistant Property Manager is responsible for insuring that all team members operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and company safety policies at all times and organizes and holds monthly safety meetings.
The Assistant Property Manager has to be able to assume responsibility for the property in the Property Manager’s absence.
We expect the Assistant Property Manager to continuously seek educational opportunities and opportunities for self-improvement, professional and personal growth and development.
The successful candidate is a self-starter and will bring strong experience in all phases of residential property management and creative thought to our organization, and will have 4+ years successful experience in our industry, including at least 1 year as an Assistant Manager or equivalent
- Ability to demonstrate successful experience in leasing/sales management, facility operations, customer interaction, and financial management
- Proven leadership and the ability to motivate, inspire and provide employee feedback
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong managerial abilities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Time management skills
- Knowledge of real estate management principles and techniques
- Good understanding of sales and marketing concepts and the ability to develop, implement, and evaluate marketing plans
- Knowledge of on-site maintenance requirements including dealing with vendors and contractors
- Ability to multitask and oversee multiple initiatives and management duties
- Must be available to work Saturdays
- Experience working with OneSite (RealPage) and Knock software is of great advantage
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) is a strong plus
- NALP certification preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, industry training, certifications, real estate designations are a strong plus
If you are interested in this opportunity, and meet the requirements, please send us your cover letter, resume and salary requirements. We’d love it if you’d join our team!
Email: HR@scottmanagementinc.com – Reference “Assistant Manager / Takoma Landing” in the subject line.
Fax: (703)549-0326, Attn. HR
Mail: Scott Management, Inc., Attn. HR, 300 N Lee Street, Suite 200, Alexandria, VA 22314