Accounting and Administrative Assistant | Corporate Office (Old Town Alexandria, VA 22314)
We are seeking an individual to perform daily accounting and administrative tasks to support our financial/operational teams. The person in this full-time position will support the accounting manager daily with accounting/bookkeeping tasks including AP, expense processing, general ledger account reconciliation.
We are a professional property management company with a strong work ethic driven by meticulous attention to detail.
We manage 9 different apartment communities with over 4,300 apartment homes and about 100 employees in the Washington, DC Metropolitan area. The location of this particular position is in our corporate office. We operate in a pleasant office atmosphere in Old Town Alexandria, near the Waterfront. We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, incl. free parking.
- Process and manage recurring monthly A/P among multiple entities. This includes working with vendors and colleagues to resolve A/P issues and process checks.
- Prepare bank deposits using remote scanner
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Perform a variety of clerical duties
- Administrative duties to provide professional support of the daily operation and day to day needs. The Assistant will contribute with analytical, management and strategical support in addition to everyday tasks
- Conduct field audits
- Provide feedback and training to support staff regarding accounting related functions
- Process year end 1099 tax forms for company and affiliates
- General office support, including answering phones
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Work experience as an Accounting Assistant or Accounting Clerk
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures
- Associates degree in Accounting, Finance, OR relevant field experience
- Experience working with Excel and other Microsoft Office products required
- Strong communication, influence, and relationship-building skills; ability to communicate effectively, including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills
- Must be able to follow up / follow through on multiple issues and be deadline driven
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE SKILL:
- Working knowledge of RealPage accounting software
If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity, and meet the requirements, please send us your cover letter, resume and desired salary. We are looking forward to you joining our team!
Email: HR@scottmanagementinc.com – Reference “Accounting / Admin Assistant” in the subject line.
Fax: (703)549-0326, Attn. HR
Mail: Scott Management, Inc., Attn. HR, 300 N Lee Street, Suite 200, Alexandria, VA 22314
EHO / EOE