Accounting Specialist | Corporate Office (Old Town Alexandria, VA 22314)
September 13, 2023
We are seeking an individual to perform daily accounting tasks to support our Financial/Operational teams. The Accounting Specialist will support the accounting manager daily with accounting/bookkeeping tasks including payroll, AP, GL & bank reconciliations, financial analysis, month-end close and timely financial reporting.
We manage 10 different apartment communities with over 4,500 apartment homes in the Washington, DC Metropolitan area. The work location of this full-time position is our corporate office. We operate in a pleasant office atmosphere in Old Town Alexandria, near the Waterfront. We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package.
- The Accounting Specialist is responsible for driving results in a fast-paced environment in the functional areas of accounts payable, general ledger, and payroll, as well as in other accounting areas in line with our established guidelines.
- Oversee the timely processing of bi-weekly payroll for multiple entities. Analyze, process adjustments, record journal entries and ensure payroll data is accurate. Interact with HR, facilitate and provide oversight of this process with property managers.
- Prepare bank reconciliations in a timely manner.
- Process A/P among multiple entities. Analyze accounts to maintain A/P system for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare bank deposits using remote scanner and record journal entries.
- Support monthly reconciliation and analysis of the property sub-legers to the associated General Ledger balances and provide analysis in variances in accounts.
- Other accounting and administrative duties will be assigned to provide professional support the daily operation and day to day needs. The Accounting Specialist will contribute analytical, managerial, and strategical support in addition to everyday tasks.
- Field Audit responsibilities and site visits
- Support the property teams in their development and performance through training team members on policies, procedures and on-site bookkeeping responsibilities.
- Contribute to maintenance and updating of policies and procedures.
- 3+ years of working experience as a full-charge bookkeeper with training and supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred or relevant experience
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, including GAAP accounting principles
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, ability to follow-up on multiple issues and be deadline driven
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written), incl. presentation skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to influence, lead and use relationship-building skills.
- Must be proficient in Excel. Strong knowledge of other Microsoft Office products required
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Previous Property Management experience with RealPage Financial Suite and OneSite a plus
If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity, and have the required skills/qualifications, send us your cover letter, resume and income requirements: HR@scottmanagementinc.com . Please write “Accounting Specialist” in the subject line. We are looking forward to you joining our team!
Fax: (703)549-0326, Attn. HR | Mail: Scott Management, Inc., Attn. HR, 300 N Lee Street, SUITE 200, Alexandria, VA 22314