Bookkeeper & Leasing Consultant | Takoma Landing | Takoma Park, MD 20912
Great opportunity for a focused, energetic, and professional individual with extra-ordinary sales talent and a strong mind for numbers to join our team at Takoma Landing, a dynamic 220-unit apartment community in Takoma Park, MD (Prince George’s County).
This position has dual responsibilities:
- Property bookkeeping and other general duties
- Maximizing occupancy by joyfully leasing apartments and effectively marketing the community
- What is the essential skill to be successful in this job?
- The ability to balance between leasing/sales and bookkeeping and the ability to switch gears from one to the other (and back) at the drop of the hat
- What kind of person does it take to do this job really well?
- An outgoing, creative and enthusiastic sales person with solid communications/interpersonal and customer service skills who at the same time has a good aptitude for numbers and is organized, detailed and dependable.
- What else is expected?
- Professional appearance, strong customer services skills, dependability and the ability to have fun and to multi-task in a busy and fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Main point of contact for prospective residents – whether they call, visit online or in person
- Successfully showcasing the advantages of our breathtaking apartments homes; explaining pricing and models; showing apartment homes and closing the sale; following up on customer leads; active contribution to marketing efforts and marketing outreach.
- Properly identify, record and deposit all resident related funds
- Rent collection and delinquency control
- Resident account reconciliation
- Evaluate accounts for court filings and verify information prior to filing suit
- Other misc. data entry and resident account oversight
- Being confident, professional and creative in both, attracting new residents and interacting with them once they live at the community
- Being familiar with company policies and procedures
- Handling of general office duties and other duties as assigned by the Property Manager
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Min. 1 (one) year of successful experience in apartment bookkeeping and leasing; will also consider 2+ years of other strong sales experience (preferably in the hospitality or high-end retail industry)
- Must be available to work Saturdays. Sunday availability may be necessary at times.
- Outstanding SALES skills
- Good Aptitude for numbers and accuracy
- Solid customer service skills
- Strong administrative skills, incl. organizational skills and ability to focus on details
- Excellent business communication skills (verbal, written, computer proficiency)
- Professional, polished appearance and conduct at all time
- Energetic, warm, engaging, inviting, outgoing and joyful personality and capability to easily connect with a wide variety of people
- Dependable and committed to deliver continuously high performance in a multi-task and fast-paced environment
- Resourceful in coping with a variety of situations
- Reliable transportation
- Experience with One Site and Lead2Lease highly preferred
- Up-to-date NALP certification very desirable
If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity, and meet the requirements, please send us your cover letter, resume and salary requirements. Join our team!
Email: HR@scottmanagementinc.com – Reference “Bookkeeper-Leasing / Takoma Landing” in the subject line.
Fax: (703)549-0326, Attn. HR
Mail: Scott Management, Inc., Attn. HR, 300 N Lee Street, Suite 200, Alexandria, VA 22314