Leasing Consultant / Bookkeeper | Monticello-Lee | Old Town Alexandria, VA 22314
Seeking talented, outgoing, focused, dependable, and committed individual with excellent sales skills and good aptitude for numbers to join our team at Monticello-Lee. We are a historic 197-unit luxury apartment community in a beautiful location. Our community combines the charm, excitement, and style that are the unique hallmarks of Old Town Alexandria.
This position has dual responsibilities:
- Maximizing occupancy by joyfully leasing apartments and effectively marketing the community
- Assist with property bookkeeping and other general office duties
The successful candidate is an outgoing, creative and enthusiastic SALES PERSON with solid communications/interpersonal and customer services skills – while simultaneously being an organized, detailed and dependable individual with good aptitude for numbers. Prior successful leasing experience is required, as is a proven track record of closing.
The ability to balance between leasing/sales and bookkeeping and the ability to switch gears from one to the other (and back) at the drop of the hat is an essential skill the individual in this position must have in order to succeed.
- Main point of contact for prospective residents – whether they call, visit online or in person
- Successfully showcasing the advantages of our beautifully renovated historic apartment homes; explaining pricing and models; showing apartment homes and closing the sale; following up on customer leads
- Active contribution to marketing efforts and marketing outreach, incl. strategic use of online avenues, submarket research, community event planning
- Processing rental applications and lease administration
- Properly identify, record and deposit all resident related funds
- Basic rent collection and delinquency control
- Resident account reconciliation
- Evaluate accounts for court filings and verify information prior to filing suit
- Other misc. data entry and resident account oversight
- Prepare A/P invoices for payment and submission to corporate office
- Being confident, professional and creative in both, attracting new residents and interacting with them once they live at the community
- Being familiar with company policies and procedures
- Handling of general office duties and other duties as assigned by the Property Manager
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent sales skills; must be comfortable selling to customers. Prior apartment leasing experience and proven track record in closing much preferred. High-end sales or hospitality industry experience are a significant plus.
- Good aptitude for numbers and accuracy
- Must be comfortable using computers, incl. MS-Office products, email, social media etc.
- Must be able to work 3 Saturdays per month
- Experience in property management, incl. some property management bookkeeping is a definite plus, as is knowledge of OneSite.
- Professional and polished appearance
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal/written)
- Resourceful in coping with a variety of situations
- Organized, detailed and dependable
- Warm, engaging, inviting and outgoing personality
- Reliable transportation
- Should have a 2 year college degree or better
If you are interested in this opportunity, and meet the requirements, please send us your cover letter, resume and salary requirements. Come, join our team!
Email: HR@scottmanagementinc.com – Reference “Leasing / Monticello” in the subject line.
Fax: (703)549-0326, Attn. HR
Mail: Scott Management, Inc., Attn. HR, 300 N Lee Street, Suite 200, Alexandria, VA 22314